20 August 2008

DESIGNER - ellen.G

as soon as i saw these bold designs from new zealand's ellen.G i loved them, each design is created by hand cutting specially coloured paper. ellen giggenbach was born in germany but moved to new zealand where she enjoyed a successful design career. but her dream was to create her own collection which is inspired by "simple 1950’s and 60’s shapes, european folk art and traditional romantic imagery". ellen has transferred her wonderful designs onto cushions and bags which can be seen here and she can be contacted for freelance commissions or wholesale.

14 comments:

Fusion said...

You have been given an:
I love your blog award
by: fusion through design

Carolyn Gavin said...

unique and original. color is great too!

orange you lucky! said...

I am LOVING this Ellen G designer! Great shapes and colours! That pillow reminds me a lot of my favorite Madonna pillow by Alexander Girard.

Lucy Joy said...

I LOVE this work too! I'd love the red folky bird cushion on my bed :) x

sally said...

I love this. The cut out paper is just really cool

ellencrimitrent said...

From one Ellen to another, fantastic!! love the colors and designs!!

AshleyL. said...

oh my goodness! these are just too wonderful! i love them all!

Felt-o-rama said...

Good day! I simply want to share how much I adore your blog. It is endlessly inspiration and suits my personal style to a tee. Thank you for the hours of inspiration!

Jedda said...

Hi Just came across your blog, these images are fantastic I think I'll have to go look her up now, thanks for the inspiration

Heather Moore said...

Oh, they are beautiful, beautiful! What a fabulous find!

Marichelle said...

Hi, I found you via erinzam. Just wanted to say that you have a lovely blog and I'm so happy I landed over here!!

All the best,
Marichelle
www.hearthandmadeblog.com

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

so beautiful, thanks for sharing. they remind me of Solvang.

Sara said...

Wow! Those designs are gorgeous! I absolutely love them.

Crystal Card said...

so beautiful!!!